Stern wasn’t having it.
“It’s not your incredible reality TV show that you’re putting on for the country,” he said, according to The Hill. “It’s because we’re in crisis and we’re tuning in to see what the president has to say. We’re looking for leadership, motherfuckers!”
The SiriusXM radio host also blasted Trump’s constant praise for himself.
“As far as Donald’s concerned, Donald thinks he’s the best president there ever was,” he said. “I can honestly tell you that Donald doesn’t give one shit about public service.”
The self-styled “King of All Media” has in the past said he was friends with Trump, a frequent guest on his show over the years. However, Stern endorsed and voted for Trump’s Democratic rival, Hillary Clinton.
Stern said last year that he tried to get Clinton on his show in 2016, but she declined ― and that refusal, he believes, may have cost her the election.
“There were a million questions I could have asked her that I think would have humanized her,” he told Stephen Colbert.
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- Europe is facing lockdown fatigue. Could it happen here?
- I just got out of a COVID-19 ICU. Here’s how I made it through.
- How to make a no-sew coronavirus face mask
- Avoiding going to the store? Here’s how to order groceries online.
- What to do if you live with someone with COVID-19
- There’s a simple game that can stop a tantrum cold
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism – and keep it free for everyone – by becoming a HuffPost member today.