Location: New York City
Position Type: Full Time
About the Role:
The Huffington Post is looking for graphics editors, to help strengthen our visual storytelling muscle.
* Develop high-quality graphics, illustrations and visual elements to accompany our content--sometimes even serving as the main content itself
* Have a portfolio of quality work that’s smart, popular and newsworthy.
* Work across the newsroom with journalists who span news, lifestyle, entertainment, and so on.
* Ideally have some capacity to illustrate on your own
* Have tons of ideas for every section on the site
* Help ensure the importance of and emphasis on visual elements throughout the newsroom.
* Work on a mix of long- and short-lead projects
* Work with our design team to establish visual style
* Teach newsroom best practices and communicate the best tools for smaller projects journalists can do on their own
* Be a pro at Photoshop and Illustrator, and After Effects would be a plus.
* Some motion graphics skills would be ideal
* Be a self starter, a great leader, a visual storyteller
Interested? Email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with "Graphics Editor" in the subject line.
Huffington Post Media Group is an AOL company. AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.
The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, commentary, entertainment, features and lifestyle content, as well as a platform for a highly engaged community of opinion and conversation. With nearly 130 million unique visitors each month (comScore), it is the largest news site in the US. The site has more than 85,000 bloggers -- from politicians, students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts -- who contribute in real time on the subjects about which they are most passionate. HuffPost is a global publication, with editions in the UK, Canada, France, Spain, Italy, Japan, Maghreb, Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Greece and India and more on the way, including Australia.