Location: New York City
Position Type: Full Time
About the Role: The social partnerships strategist will promote HuffPost content to key influencers, develop and support social media campaigns, and assist in other efforts around social media and partnerships. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in social media strategy and management, the ability to work cross-functionally, and a dedicated interest in building new partner relationships and capturing wider audiences.
- Support social PR efforts by identifying and building relationships with various mega-influencers within social media, non-profit organizations and other possible relevant distribution channels and collaborating with vertical leads to create pitch lists for each HuffPost topic area.
- Collaborate with Editorial and PR teams to create social media campaigns for articles, seeding conversations before the stories publish and giving influencers exclusive, early access to reporting/content.
- Assist in managing traffic exchanges and social partnerships, including measurement and day-to-day activities as needed.
- Other duties relevant to PR and Partnerships Teams, as needed and assigned.
- 2-3 years experience in social media preferred.
- 2+ years experience in journalism, communication or related field.
- Proven track record in social media strategy and management.
- Experience planning and executing successful social media campaigns across all relevant and emerging channels.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
To apply, please email a brief cover letter and resume to socialprjob@huffingtonpost.
Huffington Post Media Group is an AOL company. AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.
The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, features, and entertainment, as well as a highly engaged community for opinion and conversation. The Huffington Post has 214 million unique visitors per month (comScore, global multiplatform, January 2015). The site has almost 100,000 bloggers -- from politicians, students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts -- who contribute in real-time on the subjects about which they are most passionate. The Huffington Post has editions in the UK, Canada, France, Spain, Italy, Japan, Maghreb, Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Greece, India and the Arabic world. The Huffington Post is part of AOL Inc.