Location: Athens, Greece
Position Type: Full Time
About the Role: The Huffington Post is looking for a reporter who is fluent in Greek and English to embed with the HuffPost Greece team in their Athens office. This journalist will monitor Greek-language news coverage in order to create English-language multimedia content including -- but not limited to -- hard news, analysis, features, expert interviews, timelines, infographics, viral content, photo posts and videos. The reporter will work alongside the HuffPost Greece team, often to co-byline pieces, and report back up to the HuffPost team in the United States to supply coverage for our 14 editions around the globe in Brazil, Canada, Germany, Greece, France, India, Italy, Japan, Korea, Maghreb, Spain, the United Kingdom and the U.S.
Requirements for Success:
* Fluent in Greek and English.
* Follow major news developments in Greece; be equally passionate about international affairs and the latest social media buzz.
* Be able to write about economics, monetary policy creation and EU institutional framework. This candidate will ideally have experience covering both financial regulation and economics, and have or be able to develop relevant sources.
* Have rock-solid news judgment. Know when a story matters, when it doesn't -- and why.
* Have a high-level hoax detector, a healthy dose of skepticism and steadfast gut instincts. Know how to spot an imposture, a hoax or spin from a mile away.
* Be level-headed during even the most fast-moving, high-pressure news events.
* Write and edit impeccably. Honor the value of clarity, accuracy and speed.
* Always, always, always strive to move a story forward.
* Use videos, images, graphics and interactives as key tools. Have a demonstrated track-record of visual storytelling.
* Understand how to write an engaging story that gets to the core of who, what, when and why it matters. Spot little details that make a story stand out.
* Obsess over new storytelling techniques. Experiment and innovate.
* Use analytics tools to spot trends.
* Know how to craft a shareable and clickable headline.
* World news doesn’t follow office hours. Know that going in and be willing to follow an important storyline when necessary.
* Be able to balance both daily and enterprise projects.
* Be a team player and a joy to work with. Teamwork is core to who we are at HuffPost.
Interested? Email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with "World Reporter - Greece" in the subject line.
Huffington Post Media Group is an AOL company. AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.
The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, commentary, entertainment, features and lifestyle content, as well as a platform for a highly engaged community of opinion and conversation. With nearly 130 million unique visitors each month (comScore), it is the largest news site in the US. The site has more than 85,000 bloggers -- from politicians, students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts -- who contribute in real time on the subjects about which they are most passionate. HuffPost is a global publication, with editions in the UK, Canada, France, Spain, Italy, Japan, Maghreb, Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Greece and India and more on the way, including Australia.