After a relationship ends, you can usually look back and pinpoint a few moments that should have signaled it wasn't going to last.
For some HuffPost Divorce readers, it was a single sentence that made them see the writing on the wall. Below, our Facebook and Twitter followers share the one thing their ex told them that suggested their relationship would end in heartache.
1. "All those things you thought I was doing with [mistress' name] were true, for the last six months."
2. "I married you only to support me and my child."
3. "I'm happy to go to therapy so you can figure out what's wrong with you."
4. "I wish you were still drinking."
5. "After being in labor for 16 hours to give birth to our 10-and-a-half pound son, my ex says to me, 'Millions of women give birth, what makes you so special?'"
6. "He actually said, 'I love you but I'm not in love with you.'"
7. "You have everything because of me."
8. "My ex said 'I really don't have time for this' when I broke my leg and called her for assistance."
9. "I do take you out. I take you to my mother's house every Sunday."
10. "Don't think I'm going to financially support you after we divorce just because we were married for 30 years and decided you should stay home while raising the kids."
11. "I hate you half the time".
12. "Not even a year into grieving over the death of my mother he told me, 'This has gone on long enough.'"
13. "You're right, I'm not happy and haven't been for a while now"
14. "When I asked why he married me, he said 'Well, I knew I wanted to have kids...'"
15. "You just aren't my intellectual peer."
16. "'I don't see anything wrong with you working two jobs' -- while he played Xbox from 11 a.m. until 5 a.m."
17. "I think we are better off as friends than husband and wife."
18. "I'd sleep with you more if you looked like your sister."
19. "Her favorite answer to every question was and still is, 'I don't know.' Would you like to separate? 'I don't know.' Would you like to get divorce? 'I don't know.''"
20. "Yeah...so while I was out getting coffee this morning I also signed a one-year lease on an apartment."
21. "You are not at the top of my list of priorities.' He said this to me as I was battling cancer."
22. "'I can't believe I have to sleep in that reclining chair. I'm not going to be able to sleep. I will be too uncomfortable.' This was said as I was in a hospital bed, in labor with our first child (12 weeks early), all drugged up and trying desperately to keep the baby inside instead of giving birth three months early. I ended up kicking him out and telling him to go home and sleep."
23. "When I told you I didn't want to have kids anymore, I was hoping you would leave me and find someone else to have kids with."
24. "It was only about 20 women."