Ian Smith, who owns Atilis Gym in Bellmawr with Frank Trumbetti, made the offer earlier this week:
Last summer, Smith and Trumbetti were arrested for keeping their facility open, in defiance of a state order requiring that indoor gyms be closed. Although a New Jersey borough council later voted to revoke the gym’s business license, it re-opened anyway.
Last December, Smith bragged that he had racked up $1.2 million in fines for ignoring COVID-19 regulations.
Folks on Twitter had plenty to say about his offer:
A HuffPost Guide To Coronavirus
- Is it safe to see people who have gotten the coronavirus vaccine?
- What it means if your partner tests positive for COVID-19 but you don’t.
- How worried should you be about the new strains of coronavirus?
- The unexpected challenges of co-parenting during a pandemic.
- 19 things we took for granted pre-pandemic but now miss.
- Find all that and more on our coronavirus hub page.
Do you have information you want to share with HuffPost? Here’s how.