Fried Cheese Balls
Watch the Fried Cheese Balls video recipe:
Medium sized mozzarella balls (also known as bocconcini)
Bowl of fresh breadcrumbs (packet bought are also fine but fresh is always more delicious!)
Bowl of plain flour
Vegetable oil for frying
1 x pan for frying
1 x medium size mixing bowl
1. Crack 2 eggs in your mixing bowl, add a pinch of salt and beat together using a fork.
2. Drop one of the small balls of mozzarella into the bowl of flour and roll it around coating it well.
3. Dip the ball into the egg mix (covering it well) and then drop it into the bowl with the breadcrumbs, rolling it around so that the crumbs stick to it.
4. Dip it into the egg mix one more time and coat it with breadcrumbs again.
Vincenzo's Plate Tip: Don't miss step 4! By double dipping the ball into the egg and breadcrumbs, it creates a thick layer which will protect the cheese from oozing out when the heat hits it! It also makes them nice and crunchy!
5. Pour vegetable oil in a small deep pot or pan and put it on the stove at a medium-high heat.
Vincenzo's Mamma Tip: To check if the oil is hot enough get a toothpick and dip the tip of it into the oil. If it starts to bubble around the toothpick, then the oil is hot enough for you to begin frying. If not, wait a little longer.
6. Drop each ball of cheese into the oil and let it fry for a minute or until it becomes golden brown in colour.
How to serve:
1. These divine fried cheese balls can be served on a bed of lettuce or on a wooden chopping board mixed with cold meats and cheese...
2. And be sure to serve these up hot so that the cheese oozes out with every bite!
E ora si mangia, Vincenzo's Plate...Enjoy!
Recommended recipes to serve with these amazing fried cheese balls:
Join my Culinary Tour "Italy Unexplored Tour" and experience the Real Italy like you have never seen before.
The tour is exclusive to only 10 passionate foodies and it's very unique. (Click here to get more details)
Tempted? Watch the video below and enjoy the sightseeing of the greenest region in Europe