The British host called out Trump’s failed response to the coronavirus pandemic — including his ongoing downplaying of COVID-19, even after being hospitalized for three days with the disease — with a reworked version of Beatles singer Paul McCartney’s 1970 hit “Maybe I’m Amazed.”
Corden used the song, retitled “Maybe I’m Immune,” to slam Trump’s disregard for science and his suggestion that the coronavirus could be treated by injecting disinfectant.
Check out Corden’s parody here:
Compare it to McCartney’s original version here:
- Get the latest coronavirus updates here.
- What will life be like once a coronavirus vaccine arrives?
- Everything you need to know about face masks right now.
- What should you still be disinfecting to prevent COVID-19?
- Is it possible you had coronavirus earlier this year?
- Constantly arguing with your partner about coronavirus risks? You are not alone.
Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.