The president, still very much contagious days after a hospitalization for COVID-19 treatment, ceremoniously took off his face covering for the cameras after arriving home. The stunt has been condemned by health experts as irresponsible. Corden’s reaction was no different ― just funnier.
After showing a clip of the gesture that included the president taking a deep breath, “The Late Late Show” comedian cracked: “It does look like the drama of the moment really took Trump’s breath away. Well, that’s probably the coronavirus.”
Then he zeroed in on the ridiculousness.
“The first thing he did after being in the hospital for four days with a highly contagious virus was to take his mask off,” Corden said. “That’s like swinging through a Carl’s Jr. on your way home from a triple bypass.”
- Get the latest coronavirus updates here.
- What will life be like once a coronavirus vaccine arrives?
- Everything you need to know about face masks right now.
- What should you still be disinfecting to prevent COVID-19?
- Is it possible you had coronavirus earlier this year?
- Constantly arguing with your partner about coronavirus risks? You are not alone.
Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.