Las Vegas Cop Killers Wore Diapers During Walmart Siege

Las Vegas cop killers Jerad and Amanda Miller were "well armed and ready to kill as many cops as they could" when they took siege of a Walmart on June 8, according to new information from Clark County Sheriff Doug Gillespie.

The couple died during a 15-minute shootout that he said looked liked had been planned in advance with great detail, he said in a press conference on Monday about the ongoing investigation.

The Millers had an arsenal including a Ruger .38 Special hammerless revolver handgun, a Winchester Model 1300 Defender 12 gauge pistol grip pump shotgun, and a Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm semi-automatic handgun, according to KTNV.

The equipment also included what the Millers took from two Vegas policemen they shot at a CiCi's Pizza and armor-piercing ammunition and military ready-to-eat meals (MREs). They were also wearing adult diapers during the siege, 8NewsNow reports.

Gillespie said the first 911 call about the Millers' came at 11:22 a.m., after the couple shot Officers Igor Soldo and Alyn Beck at CiCi’s.

By 11:26 a.m., the time responding officers showed up at the restaurant to help Soldo and Beck, the Millers were on their way to the Walmart, which they entered at 11:28, carrying their weapons and MREs.

Jerad Miller, 31, declared “The revolution has started. The cops are coming. Get out!”

A few moments later, he fired a shot into the air, causing shoppers to scramble, according to the Las Vegas Sun.

The Millers engaged in a 15-minute shootout with SWAT officers, Gillespie said. During the siege, Jerad Miller yelled at the officers, “Stand down! You have failed. I’m in charge now.”

At one point, one of them smashed a sporting-goods display case with a baseball bat to get more ammunition, the Reno Gazette-Journal reports.

Gillespie said 52 shots were fired in all; 36 by the Millers and 16 by the police, KTNV reports.

The siege ended when Jerad was fatally wounded by officers and Amanda Miller, 22, shot herself in the head. She was taken into custody and transported to the UMC Trauma Center where she was later pronounced deceased.

Gillespie won't speculate on the motives of the Millers, who met in Indiana and moved to Las Vegas in January.

They spent time at Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch with other armed supporters in his confrontation with the U.S. Bureau of Land Management over grazing fees, according to



Las Vegas Shooting