“Well, not everybody did, but I figure why not talk about it with you on television,” Parsons joked.
Parsons said he and husband Todd Spiewak initially thought they had colds. “And then it seemed less likely and then finally we lost our sense of smell and taste ... utterly.”
“It defied the descriptions for me,” the “Boys in the Band” star said. “I didn’t realize how completely taste and smell could be gone. And when you’re in quarantine and there’s really nothing to do but eat ― oh my god, that was brutal.”
Parsons added that he still ate “everything” ― “I just didn’t taste it. The definition of wasted calories.”
Parsons also discussed hobbies he started during lockdown and then left behind, and imagined how his “BBT” alter-ego Sheldon would have handled the pandemic.
- Get the latest coronavirus updates here.
- What will life be like once a coronavirus vaccine arrives?
- Everything you need to know about face masks right now.
- What should you still be disinfecting to prevent COVID-19?
- Is it possible you had coronavirus earlier this year?
- Constantly arguing with your partner about coronavirus risks? You are not alone.
Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.