Even before his release from the hospital, Trump resumed downplaying the seriousness of the coronavirus as he continues to recover from it. He theatrically stripped off his mask while still contagious after returning to the White House. He told Americans not to be afraid of the virus, even though experts and statistics (210,000-plus dead) tell us otherwise. And, the talk show host noted Tuesday, Trump said he now understood the virus ― this after months of defying infectious disease experts while touting unproven and dangerous treatments.
But one development conveniently changed his attitude.
“Did you notice when it was his life in danger, he didn’t consult that crazy doctor he retweeted who said COVID came from demon sperm,” Kimmel said. “He didn’t pop hydroxychloroquine or inject bleach or bring Diamond and Silk in to sass the virus away. No, he relied on science to save him. Let’s not forget that. When the man wanted to save his own life, he went straight to science. He had 10 doctors pumping his body with every drug available and we paid for it.
“I’d say he got his $750 worth of tax money, right?”
- Get the latest coronavirus updates here.
- What will life be like once a coronavirus vaccine arrives?
- Everything you need to know about face masks right now.
- What should you still be disinfecting to prevent COVID-19?
- Is it possible you had coronavirus earlier this year?
- Constantly arguing with your partner about coronavirus risks? You are not alone.
Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.