Trump, per The New York Times, reportedly wanted to leave Walter Reed National Military Medical Center and “appear frail at first.” Then he’d rip off his shirt to reveal a Superman T-shirt.
“This is not a joke,” Kimmel said on Monday night. “This is what he wanted to do.”
“Whoever talked him out of this, I would like to bang you right on the head,” the comedian continued. “First of all, we would have gotten to see some top-notch acting when Trump was pretending to be frail. Then he would have had to rip the shirt open ― and good luck getting the buttons undone with those nubby little baby carrot fingers he has.”
Kimmel later imagined how the stunt could have backfired for the president:
“Would the country erupt in applause? What is he imagining? More likely he would try to fly and wet his pants or something. But who thinks like this?”
Check out Kimmel’s monologue here:
- Get the latest coronavirus updates here.
- What will life be like once a coronavirus vaccine arrives?
- Everything you need to know about face masks right now.
- What should you still be disinfecting to prevent COVID-19?
- Is it possible you had coronavirus earlier this year?
- Constantly arguing with your partner about coronavirus risks? You are not alone.
Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.