Jimmy Kimmel renewed hostilities with Kayleigh McEnany on Tuesday, describing the White House press secretary as “willfully ignorant” for defending President Donald Trump for mocking election rival Joe Biden for wearing a face mask amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Biden wore the mask, in accordance with Delaware rules and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, to lay a wreath at Delaware Memorial Bridge Veterans Memorial Park on Memorial Day.
During Tuesday’s White House press briefing, McEnany was quizzed on Trump’s mocking of his 2020 Democratic rival.
“The president’s excited to see that Joe emerged from the basement,” she replied. “It is a bit peculiar though that in his basement right next to his wife he’s not wearing a mask but he’s wearing one outdoors when he’s socially distanced, so I think that there was a discrepancy there.”
Kimmel wasn’t buying it.
“No you don’t, you don’t think that,” the comedian fired back.
“You’re a willfully ignorant woman,” he added.
Kimmel and McEnany traded barbs last week after the late night host mocked Trump’s claim about taking hydroxychloroquine as a preventative measure for the coronavirus.
Check out Kimmel’s monologue here:
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- 7 essential pieces of relationship advice for couples in quarantine
- What you need to know about face masks right now
- How to tell if you need to start doing online therapy
- Lost your job due to coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know.
- Parenting during the coronavirus crisis?
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.