Trump’s botched response to the public health crisis that has so far killed more than 81,000 people nationwide is laid stunningly bare in the spot that the presumptive Democratic 2020 nominee’s campaign released this week.
The video directly links Trump’s weeks of dithering over the contagion to the surge in deaths and unemployment.
The narrator concludes:
Donald Trump doesn’t understand: We have an economic crisis because we have a public health crisis, and we have a public health crisis because he refused to act. Donald Trump didn’t build a great economy. His failure to lead destroyed one.
Check out the Biden campaign ad here:
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- What happens if we end social distancing too soon?
- What you need to know about face masks right now
- Will there be a second stimulus check?
- Lost your job due to coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know.
- Why it takes so long to make a coronavirus vaccine
- Parenting during the coronavirus crisis?
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.