Joe Walsh, a former Republican member of the House of Representatives and a onetime favorite of the far-right tea party movement, has a chilling warning for Fox News viewers amid the coronavirus pandemic.
After sharing a clip of Fox News host Laura Ingraham dismissing social distancing as a way to control the spread of COVID-19, Walsh warned that watching the network could get viewers killed:
The White House and public health officials have promoted social distancing to limit contact between people and therefore reduce the spread of the virus.
“Social distancing will be with us through the summer to really ensure that we protect one another as we move through these phases,” Dr. Deborah Birx, one of the leaders of the White House coronavirus task force, said over the weekend.
Walsh wasn’t alone in calling out Ingraham:
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- What happens if we end social distancing too soon?
- What you need to know about face masks right now
- Will there be a second stimulus check?
- Lost your job due to coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know.
- Why it takes so long to make a coronavirus vaccine
- Parenting during the coronavirus crisis?
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.