But the “Last Week Tonight” host saved some of his harshest words for Jared Kushner, who essentially declared victory over the virus last week.
“The federal government rose to the challenge, and this is a great success story,” said Kushner, who is both Trump’s son-in-law and a key White House adviser.
Kushner also called the government’s work “extraordinary.” Oliver wasn’t having it.
“No, it fucking isn’t, Jared,” Oliver said. “Taking months to do what other countries did in weeks is not extraordinary.”
And he was just getting warmed up:
The only thing that’s extraordinary here is that the most punchable face in America somehow looks like it’s never been touched by human hands. Does it just absorb fists like a bowl of heavy cream? What’s your secret, you translucent sociopath?
Oliver also lashed out at Kushner last month, describing him as a “fucking moron” for claiming that the Strategic National Stockpile of emergency supplies was “not supposed to be states’ stockpiles that they then use.”
See more of his latest takedown below:
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- What happens if we end social distancing too soon?
- What you need to know about face masks right now
- Will there be a second stimulus check?
- Lost your job due to coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know.
- Why it takes so long to make a coronavirus vaccine
- Parenting during the coronavirus crisis?
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.