Trump faced backlash over the barefaced stunt he performed in front of the cameras following three days in Walter Reed National Military Medical Center for treatment of his coronavirus illness.
“I am speechless. I am stunned. I have to be honest with you, I’m disgusted by what I just saw,” said Reid, host of “The ReidOut.”
“This man is contagious,” she added.
Trump, Reid pointed out, “just exposed his Secret Service agents,” who she described as “true professionals” who would “in every moment of their job would take a bullet for the president, not take one from the president.”
“There are moments in this job when you realize that you are witnessing some of the great horrors of history,” Reid said on the show, adding: “This is the most irresponsible thing I’ve ever seen a president do.”
Trump faced similar accusations of endangering his protective services on Sunday, when he left the hospital to ride around in his armored SUV with Secret Service agents.
Check out Reid’s comments above.
- Get the latest coronavirus updates here.
- What will life be like once a coronavirus vaccine arrives?
- Everything you need to know about face masks right now.
- What should you still be disinfecting to prevent COVID-19?
- Is it possible you had coronavirus earlier this year?
- Constantly arguing with your partner about coronavirus risks? You are not alone.
Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.