Kanye West knocks Mitt Romney in the first song off Cruel Summer, the highly anticipated G.O.O.D. Music compilation album due in stores on Tuesday.
"I'm just trying to protect my stacks / Mitt Romney don't pay no tax," West raps on "To The World," a song which also features R. Kelly. The lyric is an obvious reference to Romney's low tax rate and refusal to release a substantive number of tax returns.
Nicki Minaj also mentioned Romney in a song. On her and Lil Wayne's cover of "Mercy," Minaj raps that she was voting for the GOP hopeful ("I'm a Republican voting for Mitt Romney / You lazy b----es is f---ing up the economy"). Suspicions that Minaj was being sarcastic were confirmed by none other than Barack Obama, who was asked about the song in an interview and said that Minaj was playing a character. The rapper confirmed Obama's theories in a series of ecstatic tweets.
The entirety of Cruel Summer had leaked by Thursday. A number of the songs ("New God Flow," "Clique," "Cold," "Don't Like" and "Mercy") had already been released. It's interesting that R. Kelly was featured, as he and Jay-Z had a very public fallout when the R&B singer walked off stage in the middle of a Best of Both Worlds Tour show at Madison Square Garden. Jay, a regular collaborator and mentor of sorts to West, also appears on the album.
Here's the full tracklist.
1. "To The World" feat. Kanye West & R. Kelly
2. "Clique" feat. Kanye West, Jay-Z, & Big Sean
3. "Mercy" feat. Kanye West, Big Sean, Pusha T & 2 Chainz
4. "New God Flow" feat. Kanye West, Pusha T & Ghostface Killah
5. "The Morning" feat. Raekwon, Pusha T, Common, 2 Chainz, CyHi Da Prynce, Kid Cudi & D’Banj
6. "Cold" feat. DJ Khaled
7. "Higher" feat. The-Dream, Pusha T & Ma$e
8. "Sin City" feat. John Legend, Travi$ Scott, Teyana Taylor, CyHi Da Prynce & Malik Yusef
9. "The One" feat. Kanye West, Big Sean, 2 Chainz & Marsha Ambrosius
10. "Creepers" feat. Kid Cudi
11. "Bliss" feat. John Legend & Teyana Taylor
12. Don’t Like. Feat. Kanye West, Chief Keef, Pusha T, Big Sean & Jadakiss