It’s no longer ‘Finger Lickin’ Good’ at KFC. The fast food chain has ditched its slogan for the first time in 64 years amid the coronavirus pandemic.
KFC has insisted the slogan will be back “when the time is right,” adding that it is “pressing pause on using it in advertising, for a little while.”
“We find ourselves in a unique situation – having an iconic slogan that doesn’t quite fit in the current environment,” said Catherine Tan-Gillespie, global chief marketing officer at KFC. “While we are pausing the use of It’s Finger Lickin’ Good, rest assured the food craved by so many people around the world isn’t changing one bit.”
Kate Wall, from the brand’s advertising team, said KFC is currently facing a “conundrum” regarding a temporary replacement slogan.
“We know we can do it with a little help from our friends. And you’ll be hearing more from us on this soon...” she said.
Sounds like a public vote may be on the way.
- What should you still be disinfecting to prevent COVID-19?
- Is it possible you had coronavirus earlier this year?
- How can you manage your anxiety as coronavirus restrictions lift?
- Here’s the latest on how long COVID-19 antibodies last.
- How will COVID-19 change your office?
- Laid off and lost your health insurance? You have options.
- Everything you need to know about face masks right now.
- Find all our coronavirus coverage here.