In normal times, kids say hilarious, heartwarming and truly original things. In COVID-19 pandemic times, well, the same is true.
Lacey Ellis created the LittleHoots app in 2014 to give parents an easy way to document and archive the funny things their children say. She has shared highlights from the app on social media and in a weekly newsletter.
As families practice social distancing and face a new reality together, kids are still lightening the mood with funny one-liners and sweet observations. And Ellis continues to share their quotes.
Here’s a selection of funny, sweet, strange and wise things kids have said during this time of social distancing. Visit the LittleHoots website for more funny kid quotes, as well as information about the new “Hoot from Home” promotion.
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- What happens if we end social distancing too soon?
- What you need to know about face masks right now
- How long are asymptomatic carriers contagious?
- Lost your job due to coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know.
- Everything you need to know about coronavirus and grief
- Parenting during the coronavirus crisis?
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
- Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.