Kyle Dyer, Denver TV News Anchor Who Suffered Dog Bite On Face, Returns To Live News This Morning (VIDEO)

WATCH: Kyle Dyer Is Back On The Air

It's official -- KUSA news anchor Kyle Dyer has officially returned to the 9News morning show as of Monday morning. According to 9News, Dyer's lip is feeling much better and she's excited about returning to the show. Watch her return to air above.

During a live on-air segment in February, Dyer was bitten on the face by an 85-pound Argentine mastiff while doing an interview with the dog's owner and the firefighter who had rescued the dog from the freezing waters of Smith Reservoir.

Max, the dog who bit Dyer, is back at home after being impounded for a mandatory 10 days after the bite occurred. The dog did not face any serious consequences from the incident.

Speaking about the accident on the "Today" show in February, Dyer gave further detail about the seriousness of the injury saying that a portion of her upper lip was "gone" after the bite. She said her surgeon, "took a part of her lower lip, kind of flipped it up and then sewed my mouth together. Then those cells regenerated and it worked." Dyer also said the accident left her without her so-called "Cupid's bow," the common curve that the upper lip takes named after the curve of mythical god Cupid's bow.

Dyer also revealed that she thought she may have made a mistake with the dog. When asked by Ann Curry, "With 20/20 hindsight, did you make a mistake?" To which Dyer responded by pointing at her upper lip and with some humor, "What do you think? Yeah, I got too close."

Dyer also went on to describe her misunderstanding of the situation with the mastiff, "I thought I was a dog person. I've lived with dogs all my life and that dog, I thought, seemed to really love my nails and my rubbing, but, you know, you just don't know. It was a freak accident -- I was too close, he was unsettled, we think we know what dogs are saying, but we don't really know."

Although it has only been less than 2 months since Dyer was bitten on the face by Max, the 85-pound Argentine mastiff dog, it has been a long journey back for Dyer who has had two reconstructive surgeries, a skin graft, 90 stitches and nearly two weeks with her mouth sewn shut, The Denver Post reported.

It's a serious accident that has changed the course of her life and career. Dyer's injury may never fully heal. She told 9News in February that it could be "six months, or never" to get the feeling back.

Despite it all, Dyer has remained optimistic. "This has been such a really positive experience for me," she said on the "Today" show, "just the way people have made me feel so loved, I know everything will be okay."

Before You Go

Popular in the Community


What's Hot