If you're one of the 31 million people who follows Kylie Jenner on Instagram, you know the girl has her hair and beauty game on lock. Her face is always contoured within an inch of her life and she never has a strand of hair out of place. If this soon-to-be 18-year-old can do it (or rather, if her hair and makeup team can do it), how hard can it be?
We set out on a mission to find out. We tasked celebrity hair stylist Rachelle Hawkins and HuffPost Live makeup artist Kari Bauce to give one of our editors a Kylie Jenner makeover. 90 minutes later (yes, 90 minutes), the makeover was complete.
In terms of the hair, Hawkins prepped the roots with mousse, blew them dry and created soft waves using a straightener, alternating the direction of the waves to give body. She kept the ends straight, created a center part and added a little texturizing spray.
To find out exactly how Bauce created the makeup look, check out the step-by-step instructions below and scroll all the way to the bottom to see the before and after photos.
1. Start by applying a light, oil-free moisturizer on your face. Don't use anything too heavy because it will eat away at your foundation. (Try Aveda 'Tourmaline Charged' Hydrating Creme)
2. Put a light primer on your eyelids so that your eye shadow will stay on -- shimmery, light eye shadow tends to dissipate over time. (Try Urban Decay Cosmetics Original Eye Shadow Primer Potion)
3. Next, layer face powder on top of your eye primer, adding neutral contour to the outer corner of your eye to give it a little definition. (Try Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Mineral Veil)
4. Cover your face with foundation. (Try Make Up For Ever Liquid Lift Foundation)
18. Mix your lip liner (which should be flesh tone) with Aquaphor so your lips don't look too dry. Over line your lips and if you have a cupid's bow, cover it up. (Kylie uses Mac Lip Pencil in Whirl, but here we used Mac Lip Pencil in Spice. You can also try Mehron L.I.P. Pencil in Spice .) Voila! You are now a dead ringer for Kylie Jenner.
Also on HuffPost: