The host of “The Ingraham Angle” — in her latest impassioned defense of President Donald Trump’s botched handling of the pandemic and push to restart the economy ― argued Democrats were “sacrificing” children’s educations just to defeat Trump in the 2020 election.
“In early April, I began to warn about the damage extended lockdowns would have on America,” Ingraham recalled. “And since then, we have experienced millions of job losses, added trillions to our debt, and experienced terrible riots.”
One of the first and worst things to happen, she said, “was how much learning was lost by our kids by being locked out of their classrooms. “
“So, with the Trump recovery fully underway, Democrats are shifting back to their default position: shut the economy down,” Ingraham continued. “Yes, that is where they are now. That includes, of course, our schools. Now, they cite the rising COVID infection rates in certain states to sell their latest panic porn.”
Ingraham also told viewers of her prime time show to “take it with a grain of salt” when “people say follow the science.” It’s “never difficult to find an expert who will try to scare you into giving up your freedom,” she said.
Last month, Ingraham described Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious disease expert, as “the medical deep state” and, without evidence, asked if he is working for presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden.
Check out Ingraham’s rant here:
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- 7 essential pieces of relationship advice for couples in quarantine
- What you need to know about face masks right now
- How to tell if you need to start doing online therapy
- Lost your job due to coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know.
- Parenting during the coronavirus crisis?
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.