Ingraham on Monday railed against public health experts, including Dr. Anthony Fauci, the White House’s chief medical adviser, for urging people to exercise caution when it comes to COVID-19. Daily infection, hospitalization and death tolls are falling as vaccination efforts are ramping up, but experts say it’s crucial for Americans to keep wearing masks and practicing social distancing.
“It’s time to retire or just ignore the control freaks,” Ingraham said in the seven-minute segment. “It’s time to declare victory and move on.”
Despite her on-air anti-lockdown rhetoric, Ingraham wore a mask at a campaign rally for then-President Donald Trump last year. He mocked her for doing so.
More than 525,000 Americans have now been killed by the coronavirus.
A HuffPost Guide To Coronavirus
- Is it safe to see people who have gotten the coronavirus vaccine?
- What it means if your partner tests positive for COVID-19 but you don’t.
- How worried should you be about the new strains of coronavirus?
- The unexpected challenges of co-parenting during a pandemic.
- 19 things we took for granted pre-pandemic but now miss.
- Find all that and more on our coronavirus hub page.
As COVID-19 cases rise, it’s more important than ever to remain connected and informed. Join the HuffPost community today. (It’s free!)