The host of “The Ingraham Angle” described Fauci last month as “the medical deep state.” On Tuesday, she railed against Fauci’s dire warning to a Senate committee that the United States could soon see up to 100,000 new daily coronavirus infections.
Ingraham suggested, without offering any evidence to back up her claim, that Fauci is working for presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden.
“Dr. Doom himself at a Senate hearing today spreading more COVID panic and undermining Trump’s agenda,” said Ingraham, who often uses her widely watched show to defend President Donald Trump.
A mock “Biden Fauci 2020” graphic appeared on the screen.
“Now, at this point, can we all just admit that Fauci is basically working for the Biden campaign?” Ingraham asked, stifling a chuckle. “For all we know, I don’t know, he could be Joe’s running mate. Why not?” Ingraham did not make it clear if she was joking.
“I guess he doesn’t fit the bill,” she added, likely in reference to Biden’s stated plan to pick a woman to run with him.
Check out the clip here:
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- 7 essential pieces of relationship advice for couples in quarantine
- What you need to know about face masks right now
- How to tell if you need to start doing online therapy
- Lost your job due to coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know.
- Parenting during the coronavirus crisis?
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.