The newest cast member of "Saturday Night Live" is also one of its most dynamic. Leslie Jones did stand-up for decades before becoming a staff writer, "Weekend Update" regular and now a featured player on the show, but a lot people still don't know that much about her.
On Tuesday, Jones provided some insight into her life and new role on the show by interacting with fans during an"Ask Me Anything" session on Reddit. She gave candid answers to questions about her feelings on certain sketches, her biggest comedic inspirations and, of course, Colin Jost.
Check out the most interesting things we learned about Leslie Jones below and read the full AMA thread here.
1. Being asked to become part of the cast was a huge surprise for her.
2. Growing up, she looked up to Richard Pryor, saying, "He was literally my everything." Her other inspirations include Carol Burnett, Lucille Ball, Buster Keaton, Whoopi Goldberg, Redd Foxx, Louis C.K. and Bill Burr.
3. She has the best kind of friendship with "Weekend Update" host Colin Jost.
Image credit: Funny Internet Pictures
4. You might be surprised to learn that she is 47 years young! As Leslie explained, "Black does not crack."
5. She thinks it takes 10 years for a person to become funny.
Image credit: stacelings.tumblr.com
7. She knows why that "Couple" sketch she did with Chris Rock didn't go as well as planned.
8. She actually IS a Taylor Swift fan. "Mean" helped her get through a bad relationship.
9. She has some great advice for young people who want to give their comedy dreams a try.
10. She also has some interesting thoughts on super powers ...
11. ... And keeping things fresh in the bedroom.
Image credit: Bobbymoynihans.tumblr.com
12. You can still find her doing stand-up at The Comedy Cellar in New York, the club she calls home.