At 100 years old, Ruth knows the secret to living a long, beautiful life. She lifts weights, does her exercises and practices Pilates at least once a week (an activity she started 8 years ago). When I came to visit Ruth in her lovely apartment, the first thing she told me was to excuse the mess, but she had been doing stretches on her mat before I arrived. I asked Ruth about her life and style secrets and the key to staying vital and youthful at an older age. Check out Ruth's tips and for more of her wonderful life lessons check out the video above.
- "I make myself go out everyday, even if it's only to walk around the block. The key to staying young is to keep moving."
- "Invest in quality pieces, they never go out of style."
- "Don't look at the calendar, just keep celebrating everyday."
- "I dress up everyday and I don't wear blue jeans."
- Take care of your skin. Make sure and moisturize, inspired by Elizabeth Arden, "If you want to look like this when you are 40 start when you are 20."