Here are 6 humble suggestions to Donald Trump for a legendary presidential term:
Life is great when one has just won the presidential elections and succeeded in becoming one of the most influential persons in the world. Life is less great when one has to shift one's warrior strategy of winning against Hilary Clinton to a queen's strategy of responsibly ruling a country as important as the United States (OK- let's say sovereign strategy). One may need to integrate sufficient lover strategies to win over the 75% of the American population that did not vote for one and may need to develop a clear magician strategy to facilitate the re-integration of a deeply divided country.
- The unshakable confidence that anything can be achieved and human beings can shape their destiny - the sense of future possibilities
- The deeply embedded belief in democracy built on laws that protect each individual equally - the commitment to engagement
- The amazing entrepreneurial spirit that gave the world some of the most brilliant inventions - the courage for innovation
- A deep sense of freedom and equality - the love for humanity
- An emotional connectedness of a nation across vast geographical space, across cultures, genders, and world-views - the ability for collective intelligence
- The willingness to be a world-leader and influence the future of our planet - the sense of wholeness
Critics may say that all of these inspiring features had their downsides in the history of the world. I argue that this is one more reason to unearth the true values that have inspired the American dream, and turn them into an asset that can shift the world. Indeed, there is a way to overthrow the old-fashioned political power system in Washington that keeps pulling the country down. This is how it can be done:
- Create a new narrative of a future America that works for 100% of its population in a breathtaking ecological sound landscape, and encourage people from all walks of life that a better future for everybody is doable - from sustainable agriculture to urban gardening, from B-corporations as drivers of a sustainable future to scaling social entrepreneurs' initiatives, from decentralized renewable energy technologies to reliable social infrastructures, from top-service public sector to trustworthy politicians. Be American: Focus on the positive, support what works. Massively encourage those that are already walking in this direction. Bring in a dose of competition, create an "America's Future Award" and let the states compete for it. Shift resources to the front-runners and make them advisers to the late-runners.
Seems impossible? Not for a real American. Create a movement for a world that works for 100% of humanity and the planet. Be the leader. Change the world and become the most legendary president of which the world will say one day: he saved humankind and the planet!
Petra is the author of the book "The Art of Leading Collectively".
How to vote
Vote-by-mail ballot request deadline: Varies by state
For the Nov 3 election: States are making it easier for citizens to vote absentee by mail this year due to the coronavirus. Each state has its own rules for mail-in absentee voting. Visit your state election office website to find out if you can vote by mail.Get more information
In-person early voting dates: Varies by state
Sometimes circumstances make it hard or impossible for you to vote on Election Day. But your state may let you vote during a designated early voting period. You don't need an excuse to vote early. Visit your state election office website to find out whether they offer early voting.My Election Office
General Election: Nov 3, 2020
Polling hours on Election Day: Varies by state/localityMy Polling Place