These days, everybody has an idea -- an innovative product, a startup venture, a social movement -- but it is not enough to simply "hear the call." In this initial video, I will challenge you to "answer that call" and live a life of impact.
The subsequent videos in this series, based off of my book Making It Happen, will teach you how to execute on those big ideas and generate profitable results along the way. Together we will walk through what I consider to be the five basic steps:
1. Packaging: How to turn your idea into an offer
2. Positioning: How to align your offer to a market need
3. Influence: How to convince the market it needs to buy your offer from you
4. Acceleration: How to maximize your returns without added time or effort
5. Reinvention: How to know when to build new opportunities from your current success
Identify a single idea or goal you have that you are committed to making a reality and make it the focus of your learning experience as we move forward. The entrepreneurial spirit is contagious, and I believe that together we can bring your vision to life.
Watch the introductory clip below, and prepare yourself for our discussion on packaging next week. I'm excited to see where this journey takes you. This could be the most transformative and productive year of your life, and it has just barely begun!
This post is part of a series produced by The Huffington Post and Peter Sheahan on the topic of Making It Happen in Small Business, focused on turning those with the ideas into those with the influence. To see all of the posts in the series, click here.