A Michigan man caused a not-so-itsy-bitsy blaze to erupt at a suburban Detroit gas station on Saturday when he saw a spider sitting by his fuel door and tried to set it on fire.
The man later admitted that he is extremely frightened by the arachnids, so he pulled out his lighter and attempted to burn it, Fox 2 Detroit reports.
"Do you know gas go boom?" the store employee on duty during the incident later told the station.
The motorist can be seen on the surveillance video at the Center Line, Michigan, station examining the gas tank and reaching into his pocket for the lighter. The video then shows flames erupting along the side of the car, the pump and the pavement.
The man darts to safety and later uses a fire extinguisher to put out the flames. The spider cannot be seen.
Luckily, no one was injured in the incident.
Also on HuffPost: