People ask me all the time, why I have moved from Europe to the U.S. state of Colorado about a year ago. And the answer is so easy. When I started working as a life coach I wanted to live in a happy place to be balanced & authentic with my coaching clients.
Why does the American state of CO make me happy?
1) First of all the nature. This state has the huge amount of 12 national parks, 42 state parks and 900 species of wild life. Many studies have shown that a natural environment just makes us happy.
2) Second, Crime. A low crime rate is important for our happiness. My hometown Boulder is pretty low on crime and always ranks in the top 10 listing for best cities in the U.S. to raise a family.
3) Number 3, the weather. Luckily we got 300 days of sunshine over here. I think not many people would question the connection between sunshine and a happy lifestyle. I don't question that at all when sitting with a morning coffee on my balcony enjoying the CO sunrise.
4) Fourth, everyone else is pretty happy! So, I love it here as you know, and it has definitely made me more happy since I moved here. No surprise that CO is considered the second happiest state in the U.S., which is also related to a very strong CO economy.
5) And last but not least many people are probably aware that CO is the outdoors and activity state. Skiing in winter, hiking and running in summer, tennis, biking all year round, etc. Sports generally makes us just happy because we do produce endorphins when working out. Check out CO as the third most outdoorsy state in the U.S
How important is your place of living for your happiness?