The Masters was supposed to tee off this week in Augusta, Georgia. But organizers had previously announced they were postponing the major amid a rash of cancellations and suspensions that have also claimed the NCAA Tournament, 2020 Olympics, Wimbledon and now the British Open. The NBA and Major League Baseball seasons have been put on hold.
In other notable golfing moves, the U.S. Open has been shifted from June to September and the PGA Championship from May to August.
Even as the COVID-19 crisis appeared headed for its hardest week yet domestically, Twitter users couldn’t resist looking forward to a sports-packed late autumn. If it happens.
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- How long are asymptomatic carriers contagious?
- What to do if you can’t pay rent right now
- How to switch off from work when home is your office
- Why we should forgive student loans for doctors on the front lines
- How to make a face mask with just a bandana
- How long does coronavirus live in the air?
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.