No, no, don't worry. This doesn't have anything to do with Meatloaf the singer. We're talking strictly about actual loaves of meat, here.
This classic American dinner recipe gets a really bad rap. Good meatloaf can be one of the most comforting things ever set on a dinner plate, but bad meatloaf is, without question, one of the grossest things on planet earth. But here's the thing: we want you to stop beating yourself up about your meatloaf. Is it a little dry? Add another egg, or baste with something more delicious! Is it too greasy? Maybe think about adding some breadcrumbs. As long as you are not responsible for any of the abject horrors below, take a deep breath, your meatloaf is doing a pretty good job.
The problem with meatloaf is that even if it tastes great, it rarely looks great. We think we should all maybe agree, as friends, to stop subjecting each other to things like this.
13. As one of our editors said, "Think of all that rosemary. In your mouth. No. Pull it out."
12. No, old cookbook. We don't like your olive stuffing, your pea topping, your dubious white filling. NO.
11. It is legitimately possible that this tasted delicious. But WHY UPLOAD THIS TO THE INTERNET?
10. There are things we need to visualize. This? Not one of them.
9. Ugh. Just, ugh.
(via Reddit -- thank you, we guess?)
8. Presented without comment.
6. We regret to inform you that we have now entered the Meatloaf-Shaped-Like-Things portion of our program.
3. There is a shape meat should never take: cupcakes. Please stop doing this.
2. This is not okay.
1. CAN YOU SEE WHAT YOU'RE DOING TO US? We hate everything about this.