Michael Madsen just made a shelter-in-place PSA that’s bloody good fun. (Watch it above.)
The actor reimagined his famous ear-cutting scene as bad guy Vic Vega in Quentin Tarantino’s 1992 heist movie “Reservoir Dogs.”
Only this time, instead of maiming a cop, Madsen’s Vega has already done the damage to family members as the camera moves through the house. Each holds a blood-stained bandage over an ear while the original music used for the cinema carnage, “Stuck In The Middle With You,” plays.
Madsen finally appears in his old dark suit and tie, with pajama bottoms. An ensemble for our coronavirus pandemic times.
“Stay safe. Stay home,” the kicker reads.
Here’s the original scene from “Reservoir Dogs”:
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- What happens if we end social distancing too soon?
- What you need to know about face masks right now
- How long are asymptomatic carriers contagious?
- Lost your job due to coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know.
- Everything you need to know about coronavirus and grief
- Parenting during the coronavirus crisis?
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.