The Emmy nominated series
returns this spring to follow more of today's most beloved and iconic celebrities as they embark on personal journeys of self-discovery to trace their family trees. The series continues to deliver stories from crucial moments in history, including a number of firsts for the series, such as a male witch hunt, and traveling to Portugal, Sweden and Ellis Island. The new season premieres Sunday, April 3 at 9/8c. Contributors featured in the upcoming season include:
- Scott Foley finds a relative who risked his life for one of America's founding fathers, and an ancestor who suffered unspeakably during one of this nation's darkest times.
- Lea Michele nails down where her mysterious paternal ancestors came from, and learns of the dire economic circumstances they endured while trying to emigrate to the U.S.
- Chris Noth learns his ancestors suffered during one of the greatest catastrophes in American history, and a relative who fought in one of the bloodiest battles of all time.
- Molly Ringwald explores family lore of Swedish royalty which uncovers her ancestors' harrowing lives and a brave woman who forever changed her family's fate.
- Katey Sagal is shocked to learn of her family's Amish roots, and digs deeper as she realizes the level of dedication to their faith.
- Aisha Tyler tracks down her 2x great-grandfather, whose story had been lost over generations, and uncovers an astonishing tale of a prominent ancestor whose struggle to keep his illegitimate son a secret made headlines.
Why not take a sneak peek?
Calling all HuffPost superfans!
Sign up for membership to become a founding member and help shape HuffPost's next chapter