After the president mused about injecting people with disinfectant to fight off the coronavirus during Thursday’s task force briefing (and then walked back the idea just 24 hours later, claiming he was being sarcastic), the tabloid newspaper declared him to be a “TOTAL BLEACH BUM” on its Saturday cover.
Check out the new moniker, at the bottom of the front page, here:
The Daily News’ main headline, however, was a swipe at Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), who has suggested states hit by the pandemic could file for bankruptcy instead of seeking federal financial aid.
“YOU SON OF A MITCH!” it read.
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- What happens if we end social distancing too soon?
- What you need to know about face masks right now
- How long are asymptomatic carriers contagious?
- Lost your job due to coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know.
- Everything you need to know about coronavirus and grief
- Parenting during the coronavirus crisis?
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.