As 2016 draws to a close we're here to report on the sad state of the world. Sorry folks, here's your daily dose of news.
1. Ohio has passed legislation for the so-called "Heartbeat Bill" Tuesday night that will ban abortions at the 6-week point. Many women don't even know they are pregnant at that point. Great job, Ohio. More here.
2. A 6.5 magnitude earthquake hit Indonesia on Wednesday morning killing almost 100 people and toppling dozens of buildings. More here.
3. A chunk of ice the size of India has melted due to bizarre weather and warming oceans. Will Elon Musk hurry up and take us to Mars already?! More here.
4. Donald Trump is TIME Magazine Person of the Year. Joining the ranks of such terrible visionaries such as Hitler, Stalin, and his best friend Vladimir Putin. TIME sure knows how to pick 'em. More here.
5. Pope Francis has condemned the sinful state of the media. His Holiness says we should be wary of loving and eating shit. Who can argue with that? More here.