Happy International Women’s Day y’all. Now here’s the news.
1. Women worldwide have joined together to strike for a #DayWithoutAWoman. It’s going to cause an inconvenience and that’s the point. More here.
2. Russia is banning people under sixteen from seeing the new Beauty and the Beast film. Not because of the normalization of an abusive relationship, because Russia’s cool with that, but because Le Fou is gay. Russian priorities, people. More here.
3. Hawaii is the first state to file a lawsuit against President Trump’s new travel ban. Trump is seriously messing with Hawaii’s chill. More here.
4. Tech giants including Apple and Samsung are responding to the Wikileaks ‘Vault 7’ release by looking into their present security measures. Perhaps they should call Trump? Nobody knows more about cyber than Trump. More here.
5. Sophie Gregoire Trudeau is coming under fire for asking women to celebrate the men in their lives today, International Women’s Day. Male allies are important and are cherished, but you can see why people are calling her out, right? More here.