Another week of Trump induced anxiety.
1. Congress has avoided a government shutdown. At least until September. Which is good news as long as we have still have a government. More here.
2. Police in San Diego killed a shooter who opened fire at a birthday pool party. One witness said the shooter “wasn’t invited” to the pool party. More here.
3. A prisoner died in a Milwaukee jail after being denied water for a week. More here.
4. Trump adviser Sebastian Gorka is reportedly leaving his White House role after not receiving clearance to sit on the National Security Council. Gorka is a close ally of Steve Bannon and holds some really terrible political views, so this is a win. More here.
5. Killer Whales are on a killing spree California’s Monterey Bay. More here.