Maybe all we need for world peace is more gymnastics.
It probably won’t diffuse tension between the two nations, but it does illustrate the unifying power of sport.
As For The Win pointed out, the two later competed in the same session Sunday and exchanged pleasantries (below). Hong Un-Jong, a gold medalist at the 2008 Olympics, advanced, but Lee Eun-Ju did not.
For more Olympics coverage:
- 11 Weird Sports That Were Actually In The Olympics
- Roger Federer Posts Saddest Tweet Of The Rio 2016 Opening Ceremony
- This Is Why Lifeguards Are Patrolling The Olympic Pool At Rio 2016
- The Agony Of Olympic Defeat In 1 Heartbreaking Image
- Swimming Officials Show What The Olympics Should Be All About
- NSFW Lil Jon Song Inspires Aussie Swimmers To Olympic Gold
- The Media Is Saying And Doing A Bunch Of Sexist Stuff At Rio 2016
BEFORE YOU GO
How to vote
Vote-by-mail ballot request deadline: Varies by state
For the Nov 3 election: States are making it easier for citizens to vote absentee by mail this year due to the coronavirus. Each state has its own rules for mail-in absentee voting. Visit your state election office website to find out if you can vote by mail.Get more information
In-person early voting dates: Varies by state
Sometimes circumstances make it hard or impossible for you to vote on Election Day. But your state may let you vote during a designated early voting period. You don't need an excuse to vote early. Visit your state election office website to find out whether they offer early voting.My Election Office
General Election: Nov 3, 2020
Polling hours on Election Day: Varies by state/localityMy Polling Place