Maybe all we need for world peace is more gymnastics.
It probably won’t diffuse tension between the two nations, but it does illustrate the unifying power of sport.
As For The Win pointed out, the two later competed in the same session Sunday and exchanged pleasantries (below). Hong Un-Jong, a gold medalist at the 2008 Olympics, advanced, but Lee Eun-Ju did not.
For more Olympics coverage:
- 11 Weird Sports That Were Actually In The Olympics
- Roger Federer Posts Saddest Tweet Of The Rio 2016 Opening Ceremony
- This Is Why Lifeguards Are Patrolling The Olympic Pool At Rio 2016
- The Agony Of Olympic Defeat In 1 Heartbreaking Image
- Swimming Officials Show What The Olympics Should Be All About
- NSFW Lil Jon Song Inspires Aussie Swimmers To Olympic Gold
- The Media Is Saying And Doing A Bunch Of Sexist Stuff At Rio 2016