New York Fashion Week (NYFW) has finally wrapped and here's one gorgeous hair look that's not to miss by The Red Door Salon for Vivienne Tam. Experts Tim Wandrey, Red Door Salon's National Style Education Director answered trend questions, while hair stylist to the stars, Makiko Nara and her team worked on the models' hair backstage.
Per Tim Wandrey, the style they're focusing on is chic, feminine, relaxed and soft. Renowned hair stylist, Makiko Nara focused on creating a unique twist to the topknot to compliment the soft style of Vivienne Tam’s Spring Summer 2017 collection. She loosely pulled the models' hair into ladylike chignons situated at the crown of each one's head for a chic, relaxed style. Below are step-by-step instructions on how to create the look.
- First, apply Kérastase L’incroyable Blowdry into the palm of hands and apply on towel dried hair from roots to ends. For thinner hair, apply Kérastase Matérialiste to add texture and thickness to hair.
- Then, brush hair with Olivia Garden’s iDetangle Brush, a new ultra-gentle detangling brush with double-bristle design.
- Next, blow dry hair naturally using the Olivia Garden Ceramic + Ion Supreme Combo Oval Cushioned Paddle Brush to lift up the roots to create volume.
- Then, pull the hair upward and tight leaving a few pieces down around the hairline and neck.
- Next, make a small knot with a hair tie, wrap around the knot with the half of the hair and the leave the end free. Secure hair in place with bobby pins.
- Finish, by texturizing the hair, left around the neck and hairline with Kérastase V.I.P to complete the look.
* Bevs Lim also writes for Lifestyle411.