On Friday, the Brasil Global Tour would resume and would see the Pentacampeão face off against their eternal rivals Argentina in the city of Melbourne on June 9.
Both sides would face off the Melbourne Cricket Ground as per the announcement that was made by authorities of the Victorian government. The stadium holds over 100 thousand fans and for the authorities in Melbourne it is a great opportunity to help the fast-growing city become an even greater venue for world class sporting events than it is already.
"It's great to announce we have the best two teams at the world here at the MC," said Victorian Minister of Tourism and Major Events and the Minister of Sport, John Eren. "We've insisted that Messi and Neymar will be here to play that game. It's a matter of pride. They want to have their best players on the field." Eren pronounced in the official presentation of the match.
With regards to Messi, there could be a bit of a complication as he had already planned getting married to his long-time girlfriend around that same of year.
"I think we'll see a massive crowd, a massive turnout," said former Socceroos man Josh Kennedy who was also present for the big announcement. "I think there'll be a lot of international visitors as well."
This leg of Brazil's global tour will also see the verdeamarelha play in South Florida during the summer prior to resuming their World Cup qualifying campaign.
These two teams faced off back in November at the Mineirão in Belo Horizonte and the Brazilians came away with a 3-0 victory with goals from Philippe Coutinho, Neymar and Paulinho. The win helped Brazil go top of the table in South American World Cup qualifiers with four teams getting a direct spot into Russia and a fifth having to go through a playoff with the fifth-placed team in Oceania.