DeWine issued the mandatory mask order for seven counties designated as high risk for COVID-19, including Butler County, on Tuesday:
Jones told Keiler that he was “confused” about the science regarding wearing masks, claiming “every week they change how you can catch” the virus.
“I wear a mask, but we shouldn’t have our government demand that we wear a mask, that we can’t work, that the economy’s shut down,” Jones said. “When this is all over and the studies come out, there will be more people who have died from not being able to go to a hospital, without being able to get their medication. This is my opinion.”
Keilar pointed out how public health experts believe wearing masks is a relatively inexpensive and easy way to mitigate the risk of the coronavirus.
Jones did admit, however, that he may change his mind on enforcing the order if Trump issues a federal mandate.
Check out the full interview here:
- Stay up to date with our live blog as we cover the COVID-19 pandemic
- 7 essential pieces of relationship advice for couples in quarantine
- What you need to know about face masks right now
- How to tell if you need to start doing online therapy
- Lost your job due to coronavirus? Here’s what you need to know.
- Parenting during the coronavirus crisis?
- The HuffPost guide to working from home
- What coronavirus questions are on your mind right now? We want to help you find answers.
- Everyone deserves accurate information about COVID-19. Support journalism without a paywall — and keep it free for everyone — by becoming a HuffPost member today.