Ohio School Shooting 911 Calls Reveal Desperate Pleas For Help (LISTEN)

Emergency 911 calls released today from Monday's Ohio school shooting that killed three Chardon High School students reveal horrifying details of the carnage.

One student who identified the gunman as 17-year-old T.J. Lane said he saw several classmates get shot.

"Were the students still alive?" the dispatcher asked.

"I don't know ma'am. I didn't even check. I just got out of there as fast as I could," the caller said.

"But they went down, right?" she asked.

"Yeah, They were laying in the ground in blood," the student said.

"What was his beef with these kids?"

"i have no idea. He's very quiet and he doesn't really talk to anyone," the student answered. "He just pulled out a gun and started firing upon like 500 kids all in the lunchroom."

The recordings reveal panicked students and high school administrators pleading for help immediately after shots rang out in the cafeteria.


"Hi. Chardon High School. We got shots fired. Gunshots. Multiple gunshots," said one woman.

In the background a man can be heard saying "Lockdown, teachers we're on lockdown."

Moments earlier the gunman took aim at a table of students at about 7:30 a.m. before classes began. Lane allegedly hit five students with a burst of bullets from a stolen .22 caliber handgun. Three of the victims died from their injuries. Two victims remained hospitalized on Wednesday.

The gunfire prompted numerous 911 calls, made available by the Chardon Police Department and Geauga County Sheriff's Office.

"We just had a shooting at our school. We need to get out of here," said one crying woman, apparently a student. She told the dispatcher that she hid under a table in the lunchroom. "Everyone's running away."

Lane wasn't a student at Chardon, but he went there to catch a bus that would drop him off at an alternative school for at-risk teens.

The school's assistant football coach Frank Hall was credited with chasing Lane out of the building. About 30 minutes later, Lane was apprehended.

Before he was caught, more people, including the high school's principal, called 911 to report possible sightings of the shooter.

"It's the principal at Chardon again. The alleged shooter ran out the back door down the easement towards the tennis courts past the pool,"

The 911 operator asked for a description of the suspect.

"We have white tee shirt. Shaggy dark hair. Tall. Skinny," the principal said.

Lane on Tuesday was brought before a juvenile court judge, who ordered that he remain in a detention center.

Friends said that Lane was a sullen teenager who was targeted by bullies.

Prosecutor David Joyce said after the court hearing that Lane is "someone who's not well" and randomly chose the victims. The next hearing is set for March 6.


Chardon High School Shooting