The future of America is in your hands. It is vital that you not vote for Trump. Here’s why.
The Electoral College was created in part as a defense against foreign nations gaining influence over the United States. Alexander Hamilton wrote in the Federalist Papers that electors could defend against “the desire in foreign powers to gain an improper ascendant in our councils,” asking “How could they better gratify this, than by raising a creature of their own to the chief magistracy of the Union?”
We now face the threat of our President being unduly influenced by a foreign nation –Russia. It is up to you to save our country and elect a President free of foreign domination. Consider the following.
· We know that Russia interfered with our election. Russia hacked the Democratic Party and released emails. Russia hacked the emails of the Democratic nominee and campaign, and released emails. Russia hacked the Clinton Foundation and released emails. Russia pumped out “fake news”, another name for lies and propaganda, that millions of Americans read and believed. These interventions all damaged the Democratic candidate and helped Trump.
· We know that there is more intelligence about Russian interference that the CIA has not yet publicly released. While it would be helpful for Electors to be briefed on this additional information, we already have a LOT of public information that shows Russia interfered with our election to favor Trump.
· We know that Trump has ties with Russia.
1) Immediately after the election, the Russians admitted they had communications with the Trump campaign throughout the election season.
2) Paul Manafort, Trump’s campaign manager, was paid $12.7 million to help Ukrainian politician, Viktor Yanukovych, who stole the election for president with Russia’s intervention. When Manafort’s ties became known, he resigned as Trump’s campaign manager but stayed close to Trump.
3) Trump’s son, Donald Trump, Jr, spoke about the extensive business dealings they have in Russia. It is reported that Trump owes Russians millions of dollars.
· If Trump becomes president, he could owe his presidency to Russia. His decisions will not be solely for the best interests of the country, but out of obligation to a foreign power.
· Trump has already shown he will take policy positions that favor Russia. He compliments Putin as a good leader, even though Putin is a tyrant who murders opponents, suppresses those who dare challenge him, and intervenes militarily to take over land he wants. Trump questions whether NATO should continue to exist. Trump insisted on Russia-friendly positions on NATO, the Crimea, and Syria, contradicting longstanding GOP and US policies.
Why does Russia want Trump as president? Putin has made no secret of his intent to expand Russia’s borders back to where they were for the Soviet Union, and maybe beyond. The two biggest obstacles in his way are the US and Europe, including the European Union and NATO. There is evidence Russia may already be interfering in European elections: we should investigate the possible interference by Russia in England’s recent surprise vote to leave the European Union.
Having succeeded so spectacularly in influencing this US election, why stop? We can expect Russia will continue to tamper in our future elections.
We must take a stand now to save our country! It is in part to prevent foreign influence that the Electoral College was created.
Fortunately, there is another candidate you can vote for, Hillary Clinton, who won the popular vote by nearly 3 million votes.
Extraordinary times call for extraordinary measures.
America and the world await your decision.
Your fellow patriot,