Oprah went to Facebook on Thursday, and the results were nothing short of incredible.
Oprah sat down with Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg for a live chat, in which she answered questions from Sandberg, the crowd at the event and online participants. Here are just some of the things she touched on. (Scroll down to watch the entire chat.)
- Being the CEO of OWN is sometimes an out of body experience. "I feel that things sped up for me instead of slowing down," she said. "...It's a lot harder than I ever imagined." Turning to Sandberg, she said, "if anyone asks you if you want a network think about that."
- Oprah said she never knew what fear was until late 2010, when she began waking up in the morning and couldn't breathe. "I said, what is that?" she said. "And I went, oh! That's what that feels like."
- She has begun mandating that her entire staff meditate twice a day. "God lives in the space of stillness," she explained.
- She said these words: "I had no idea that being your authentic self could make me as rich as I've become. If I had, I'd have done it a lot earlier." Who but Oprah would say that?!
- She claimed that her mother and father only had sex one time: when she was conceived. "I was considered an accident," she said. Her father told her that he convinced her mother to show him "what was under her poodle skirt," and, as she put it, "voila!"
Sheryl Sandberg then did a lightning round with Oprah, which was basically the greatest thing ever. Here were her answers:
Shoes or bags? "Shoes."
Early mornings or late nights? "Early mornings."
Wine or tequila? "Tequilaaaaaa!" (She recommended a brand called Casa Dragones, saying, "Dear God!"
Tea or coffee? "Tea. Chai."
Books on paper or books on a Kindle? "iPad."
Jay-Z or Paul Simon? "Tuesdays, Jay-Z. Sunday, Paul Simon."
Her favorite favorite thing ever (note: this is a really important question): "The Breville Panini Maker, which can also be used for bacon."
"Beloved" or "The Color Purple?" "The Color Purple."
Her first show or her last? "Last."
Peanut butter or bacon? "Peanut butter. Crunchy."
Thin crust or deep dish? "Thin, thin, thin."
Looks or personality? "Definitely personality."
The journey or the destination? "The journey."
There was so much more, including a long, inspiring monologue about how we all need to matter to each other. She also said that Rosie O'Donnell has taken down all the walls at Harpo Studios in Chicago, and a ton of other things! The moral is: Oprah is incredible. No other views are considered acceptable.
WATCH, PLEASE WATCH!
How to vote
Vote-by-mail ballot request deadline: Varies by state
For the Nov 3 election: States are making it easier for citizens to vote absentee by mail this year due to the coronavirus. Each state has its own rules for mail-in absentee voting. Visit your state election office website to find out if you can vote by mail.Get more information
In-person early voting dates: Varies by state
Sometimes circumstances make it hard or impossible for you to vote on Election Day. But your state may let you vote during a designated early voting period. You don't need an excuse to vote early. Visit your state election office website to find out whether they offer early voting.My Election Office
General Election: Nov 3, 2020
Polling hours on Election Day: Varies by state/localityMy Polling Place