At O, we're usually showcasing fashion, not creating it. But when Talbots proposed collaborating on a spring line, with a healthy portion of the proceeds going to Dress for Success, we were all in. "Dress for Success is the kind of program we love to get behind," says O editor in chief Lucy Kaylin. "By helping women get back into the workplace, it has a huge impact." Soon, O's Adam Glassman and Tablots' Leon Green were up to their elbows in fabric swatches, creating the O, The Oprah Magazine Collection for Talbots, on sale starting February 22. The seven pieces range from a dotted swiss tuxedo blouse to cozy ombré scarf, and the clothing is sized from petite to plus. Best of all, 30 percent of the net proceeds from each sale benefit Dress for Success. "With every piece you buy," says Adam, "you know you're helping others."
Ready, Set, Wear!
Seven friends of O take our new collection for a spin.
From left to right:
1. Jasmine Brett Stringer, 34, author of Seize Your Life: How to Carpe Diem Every Day: "I'm a dress girl, and since I'm curvy, I prefer fitted styles. I like how this one nips in at the waist."
#AdamSays: "The fit-and-flare silhouette and open neckline of our dress flatter all body types."
Dress, O, The Oprah Magazine Collection for Talbots, $189
2. Cordelia Dietrich, 48, model: "My big thing is accessories. A colorful, sparkly necklace like this can dress up an outfit."
#AdamSays: "A crisp white shirt, like the one we designed should be in every woman's closet. And soft pants are big trend right now. Ours have a nice tapered leg."
Button-down, $79. Pants, $109. Necklace $79. All O, The Oprah Magazine Collection for Talbots
3. Alex Jay, 29, Juice Press nutrition expert: "Normally, I wouldn't wear this much color and pattern, but I look at it and think, Why am I limiting myself? The scarf really ties everything together."
#AdamSays: "My favorite piece is this pretty floral pencil skirt, which will perk up your wardrobe. Try it with a solid top or our green cardigan—you can never go wrong with a cardigan."
Cardigan, $89. Skirt, $99. Scarf, $59. All O, The Oprah Magazine Collection for Talbots
4. Renée Elise Goldsberry, 45, star of the Broadway musical Hamilton: "I like the combination of the relaxed sweater and boyfriend jeans with the tailored tuxedo shirt. The shirt seems simple, but the dotted swiss texture gives it a twist."
Button-down, O, The Oprah Magazine Collection for Talbots, $79. Short-sleeved cardigan, Talbots, $129. Jeans, Talbots, $89.
5. Tory Johnson, 45, Good Morning America contributor: "Mixing patterns is outside my comfort zone, but when I put on this outfit, it didn't feel wild. It wasn't a whoa—more of a wow."
Blazer, Talbots, $179. Button-down, Talbots, $79. Skirt, O, The Oprah Magazine Collection for Talbots, $99.
6. Taylor Foster, 40, owner of Heaven on the Street bakery: "These pajama-style pants are comfortable and easy to throw on yet still look polished."
Top, Talbots, $69. Blazer, Talbots, $179. Pants, O, The Oprah Magazine Collection for Talbots, $109.
7. Christy Doramus, 27, floral stylist and flower crown designer: "I love floral-print everything, including this dress. I gravitate toward the brightest patterns and colors in the store."
Dress, O, The Oprah Magazine Collection for Talbots, $189. Button-down, Talbots, $79. Cardigan, O, The Oprah Magazine Collection for Talbots, $89. Scarf, O, The Oprah Magazine Collection for Talbots, $59.