Oprah Winfrey clarified in a new interview on “CBS This Morning” on Monday that the racist “concerns” raised by members of the royal family about Archie’s skin color prior to his birth were not made by either Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip.
During Winfrey’s appearance on the morning show, Gayle King asked her about the “jaw-dropping moment” when Meghan Markle and Prince Harry brought up the comments about their son in their bombshell interview with Winfrey on Sunday night.
“You asked Harry about it when he came out ― he did not tell you who it was,” the CBS This Morning co-anchor said. “Did you all have another conversation about it? Because that was something that ― it’s a big guessing game all around the world: ‘Who was it? Who was it? Who was it?’ And I thought it was very touching that Harry is still choosing to protect the identity of whoever that was.”
“Yes, and he did not share the identity with me, but he wanted to make sure that I knew ― and if I had the opportunity to share it ― that it was not his grandmother or his grandfather [who] were a part of those conversations.” Winfrey said. “He did not tell me who were a part of those conversations.”
“As you can see, I tried to get that answer ― on camera and off,” she added.
The Duchess of Sussex told the media mogul on Sunday night that she also wouldn’t reveal who made the comments about “how dark” her son’s skin would be.
“I think that would be very damaging to them,” Meghan said, adding that the conversations never took place with her, only with Harry.
Harry, who later joined his wife and Winfrey in the interview, described the conversations as “awkward.”
“I was a little bit shocked,” he said.
More bombshells from Oprah, Harry and Meghan’s interview:
- Meghan says there were racist concerns over Archie’s skin color ― before he was born.
- The Duchess of Sussex said she contemplated suicide and was denied help.
- The palace reportedly wouldn’t “tell the truth” to protect the Sussexes.
- Harry says he felt “trapped within the system” of the royal family.
- Meghan says Kate Middleton made her cry, despite reports saying the opposite.
- Harry and Meghan dropped a wedding bombshell at the very beginning of the interview.
- Harry heartbreakingly compared his wife’s plight to that of his late mother, Princess Diana.
- Meghan and Harry told Oprah the sex of their second child!